There are plenty of activities in McKinney, Texas. The city is popular with people who enjoy outdoor recreation and live music events. If you are visiting the area or looking for new things to do in McKinney it helps to be familiar with some of the city’s most popular attractions and types of entertainment options available there. Below is a list of some of the most popular activities.
If you are just exploring your options for things to do in McKinney, Texas it helps to know about the city’s various outdoor attractions. The locations listed below each have an asking price associated with them but many of these offer reduced rates through special programs or coupons.
1) The Katy Trail is a popular place for cycling, jogging, walking, rollerblading, and running. People also use the trail to exercise their dogs. The trail is free of charge and runs along an old railroad track.
2) Another popular outdoor activity in McKinney is canoeing on Lewisville Lake or Possum Kingdom Reservoir. This can be done either by renting a boat and working with a guide or by signing up for a tour.
3) McKinney National Golf Club is an 18 hole golf course that charges a fee but also has reduced rates through coupons and membership programs.
4) The Pecan Bayou Nature Center is free of charge to visit and it offers access to nature preserves, trails, and wetlands.
5) The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary offers a free admission day once a month. There is also a reduced rate for senior citizens, students, members of the military, and children.
6) Cabela’s sporting goods store has an outdoor recreation shop where you can find equipment or sign up for excursions.
7) The Bluebonnet Horse Training Center offers lessons and trail rides. There is a monthly membership fee for this facility.
Live music events are among the things to do in McKinney, Texas that may be found by visiting a city information website or by asking around town. There are several well-established venues for live concerts and other musical events.